Canyonlands National Park
Key information: Canyonlands National Park
- Canyonlands is an area of superb red sandstone canyons, spires and arches, with a wide range of outstanding walks.
- The two key areas are:
- the Island in the Sky, where you can walk the Syncline Loop, White Rim Trail, Murphy Basin and Gooseberry/Dogleg Loops
- the Needles, an area of extraordinary even weird at times sandstone needles, spires and arches interspersed with canyons and sheltering the area of dry grassland known as Chesler Park. Hike gorgeous Salt Creek, through fabulous scenery, including the famous Angel Arch, and taking in old Indian ruins and rock art. Other walks include the Joint Trail, Druid Arch and Devil's Kitchen.
- These are tough walks in hot, dry conditions. Be prepared!
- Descriptions of the walks mentioned above are in preparation.
Walkopedia rating(Top 100)
- Walkopedia rating88
- Natural interest17
- Human interest0
- Negative points0
- Total rating88
- Length: Variable
- Maximum Altitude: N/A
- Level of Difficulty: Variable
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more