Key information: Mount Kuju
- This exciting active volcano is the highest point of its kind on mainland Kyushu, with big all-round views across its eponymous range. An expanse of colourful detritus peppered with craters and formations.
- A surprisingly easy walk for a serious hill, as the roadhead (from the fascinating Yamamani; Highway) is itself quite high.
- Our friends Walk Japan do an excellent sounding Kyushu expedition which includes both this area and the very special island of Yakushima.
- ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating84
- Natural interest18
- Human interest2
- Negative points0
- Total rating84
- Length: 4.5hrs or so
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Safety and problems: All walks have inherent risks and potential problems, and many of the walks featured on this website involve significant risks, dangers and problems. Problems of any sort can arise on any walk. This website does not purport to identify any (or all) actual or potential risks, dangers and problems that may relate to any particular walk.
Any person who is considering undertaking this walk should do careful research and make their own assessment of the risks, dangers and possible problems involved. They should also go to “Important information” for further important information.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more