Hussaini to Zarabad
Key information: Hussaini to Zarabad
- A fabulous loop over two perilous bridges across the Hunza River from the Karakorom Highway near Passu (north of Hunza proper), circling through rough fields, ravines and villages and traversing a cliff above the river, all beneath majestic mountain scenery.
- The river crossings are hairy (widely spaced, loose planks in places). Absolutely not for those who are queasy with heights.
- The area is sadly currently too dangerous to visit.
- This walk and many others in the area all in Lonely Planet's Pakistan. ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD PHOTOS? WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO POST THEM!
- Walkopedia rating92
- Natural interest16
- Human interest14
- Negative points2
- Total rating92
- Note: Currently dangerous
- Length: 4-5 hrs
- Maximum Altitude: 2400m
- Level of Difficulty: Difficult
This walk description page is at an early stage of development, and will be expanded over time. Your comments on this walk, your experiences and tips, and your photos are very welcome.
Other accounts: share your experiences
Your comments on this walk, your experiences and suggestions, and your photos are very welcome. Where appropriate, you will be credited for your contribution.
Anyone planning an expedition to this place should see further important information about this walk.
Responsible travel matters, a lot. How you travel will make a real difference - for better or worse. PLEASE consider this when making plans. Read more